From:
Chris Bonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:55:58 -0500
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>Ron Chaplin complained of an intermittent buzzing noise in his Nielsen
>Op 14 Quartet on Naxos. ...

Don't know about this recording but it does remind me that in this
digital age I hear things on CD transfers of music I had long ago on LP
that probably nobody noticed before.  The worst offender seems to be the
muffled sound of trucks going by outside the recording studio.  This is
particularly noticeable on one of Munch's recordings of the Symphonie
Fantastique (maybe the 1962 one?).

Chris Bonds