HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:48:06 -0500
Hi! Just in case you are interested... Back in Quebec you showed me a bead which
Martha S. had identified as a "Flush Eye" bead. As I remember it, it was a wound
bead with inlays. A flush eye is a drawn bead which has been heated to the
melting point and a section of drawn rod has been inset therein. So your
specimen is not a flush eye but just a regular eye bead.