HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lester Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:40:56 -0800
To keep you abreast of the draft proposal for the SHA material culture
series (which changes daily), please review it at:
    http://www.spiretech.com/~lester/sha/proposal/proposal.htm

Comments received are integrated into the proposal, and if warranted,
the proposal is modified.  To date, 24 of you have sent comments, most
sent as personal messages to me and not forwarded via HISTARCH.  Many
thanks.  However, some of you may have sent messages via HISTARCH that I
did not receive.  If you did send a message and want to check to see if
I received it, go to the draft proposal and check for your name in
Appendix A at the bottom of the proposal.  If your name does not appear,
then I did not receive your message.  Also, if you sent multiple
messages, I would so indicate in Appendix A.  Thus far, no one has sent
more than one message.

Please keep in mind that I would appreciate your comments no later than
31 January 1999 for this draft proposal phase of the project.  I will
incorporate your comments for a proposal that will then be sent for
technical review, further revision, and submission to the SHA editor.
So if you intend to review the proposal and draft design in order to
send me comments, please do so soon.

Thus far, this open review process has been extremely useful.  I only
wish we could reach the entire historical archaeological community
electronically.  Thank you again for your participation.

Lester Ross
SHA Material Culture Series Editor