From:
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:47:20 -0500
Victor Honig <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does anyone have a list of recordings of Latin & South American classical
>composers? Please respond to [log in to unmask]

Do you mean *all* Latin and South American classical composers? However I
would be very interested too.  I can suggest a few links, but this would
only give a very partial view (I have no idea of the number of LPs issued
before, for instance, although some Egrem's can be found once in a while in
mail order catalogues...)

Have you tried the Latin American Music Center?
http://www.music.indiana.edu/som/lamc/

Argentina: Club for music
http://www.datamarkets.com.ar/MusiCaClub/guias.htm

Brazil: Foundation of the National Library - Music Department
http://www.bn.br/musica/english.htm

Brazil: a list of links to orchestra sites
http://www.svn.com.br/juracy/orq.htm

Cuba: Egrem (but very few classical recordings available on CD)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JVCCubano/egrem.htm

Ecuador: Guayaquil Symphony Orchestra
http://wwwpub4.ecua.net.ec/sinfonica/index.html

(also see: http://www.cultura.com.ec/s-amusicales.htm)

Mexico: Mexico City Philharmonic
http://www.musicos-ofcm.com/

Paraguay: a site about a history of Paraguyan music,
and maybe some useful phone numbers
http://www.musicaparaguaya.org.py/boettner.html

Peru: Alma Musik (a good general site about Peruvian music)
http://www.almamusik.com/

Peru: a History of Peruvian music (in construction)
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/7094/English.html
includes a short discography

Peru: Solarmonia
http://ekeko.rcp.net.pe/solarmonia/discos.htm

Puerto Rico: P.R. Symphony Orchestra
http://home.coqui.net/eolivier/ospr/ospr.htm

Uruguay: Montevideo
http://www.filarmonica.edu.uy/primera.htm

Venezuela: CIIMC
http://www.multimania.com/ciimc/

(also check the Sojo Foundation:
http://www.funves.org.ve/principal.html

and the Audiovisual Archives:
http://www.bnv.bib.ve/musson.htm)

Also two CDs at:
http://members.tripod.com/~carlosvazquez/forocari2.html

and some sites more specifically devoted to single composers:

Juan Jose Castro
http://members.tripod.com/~ostinato/english/castro.htm

Rafael Junchaya: see above

Aurelio de la Vega
http://www.e-universe.com/lmfhome/veeppage.htm

and also Uribe Holguin, Ginastera, Villa-Lobos of course,...

I hope this helps a little,

Thanh-Tam Le