From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:08:25 PDT
Browsing through CD NOW's "Advance Release" pages this morning, I came
across two new releases that caught my attention.  Signum is releasing a
disc of the Brahms string sextets performed by Monica Huggett/Hausmusik.
L'Archibudelli has already given us a sterling period instrument account
of the sextets on Sony, and I'm very interested in seeing how Huggett and
company do in these works.

The other new release of interest is William Christie directing Handel's
Acis & Galatea on a 2-cd Erato set.  Christie has previously shown his
mettle in Handel's Orlando, and I anticipate similarly fine results with
the new recording.  Is it reasonable for me to have this anticipation?
Definitely.

Don Satz