From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:43:52 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Hi!  My name is Joseph Sowa, I joined the group yesterday, and I thought
>it proper to introduce myself.  Anyway, I'm writing on a symphony right now
>and was wondering what options in terms of layout and form do I have when
>writing it? In short, if any of you were to write one, how would you write
>your first symphony.

This is a good question Joseph.  To tell you the truth I think the answer
is all dependant upon many factors.  What kind of music do you write(tonal,
12 tone)? Do you want to write a very large-scale work or would you be
satisfied with a Mozart length symphony? I think when you have the answers
to these questions then you can begin to deal with the issues of formal
layout and tonal architecture.  As far as I'm concerned.......I would write
my symphony as accuratelyas I hear the music in my head.

--Wes