From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:11:03 PDT
Cindy Gieringer wrote:

>I have a hard time making sense of Baroque music even though I've
>been listening to it my whole life.

I'm not sure what Cindy means by the above comment.  I tend to place
Baroque music in three categories:  music not worth thinking about,
inspirational music making without much depth (Handel, Telemann for
example) and inspirational music making combined with depth (Bach).

Could Cindy please provide more information concerning the "making sense"
issue?

John Smyth, in a response to Cindy, indicated that he found that Baroque
music makes "too much" sense to him, including Bach's music.  Could John
also provide more information concerning where he's coming from on this
matter?

Don Satz