From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:37:27 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>I'll third this exceptional disc.  Must be good to make me listen
>repeatedly to music from a period I don't greatly care for (say the man
>who is off to review an entire efvening of baroque music tonight...)

Wonderful.....this is great!!!!!  This is exactly the kind of praise and
just credit Purcell is centuries overdue.  I'm very glad to see such a
positive force developing in support of my 2nd all time favorite composer.
(Sorry Henry.......but noone can pass up Bach in my book) Anyway.....it's
nice to see postings in agreement here for once.  Typically it seems that
noone bothers to reply to a posting when they already agree with it.  But
I think iit is equally important to respond with one you agree with as with
one you do not.  Thank you!!

--Wes