From:
Kyle Major <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:19:26 -0500
I had read about music like Bing Crosby being played at the entrances
to "curb anti-social behavior" at a couple shopping centers in Australia.
I'm sure Richard would know more about this, and may be the same thing
he mentioned.  I read it scared teenagers away and therefore served its
purpose.  I wondered about lost revenue from well-behaved people who are
scared by the music.  At any rate, I had to laugh at the idea.  I thought
it was hilarious and strangely clever.

The classical music played in St.  Louis Bread Co.  restaurants almost
keeps me from going there.  And not because I don't like classical music.
It's because I would like to choose what music I use as background, because
I don't want to hear Mozart's 4th horn concerto every time I get a roast
beef sandwich, and because I feel like everyone in the restaurant must feel
so special and "distinguised" for eating at such a fine Mozart-filled
establishment.  That about makes me sick to my stomach.

Perhaps that is off the topic a teensy bit, I'm not sure.

Kyle Major