From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:59:41 PDT
Quite a few years ago I bought two Mozart/Menuhin symphony cd's on Virgin
at full price.  More recently, they were reduced to mid-price.  However,
with Virgin joining the EMI stable, I have no idea if the recordings are
available in the U.S.

I haven't played the two cd's in a long time so I'm going from memory.
Reviews at the time of initial release were generally good, but I am
surprised that Gramophone rates Menuhin as best for nos.  40 & 41.  I found
the performances good but not at the top of the pile.  Lately, Virgin has
been reissuing 2-cd packages at a very low price.  Perhaps Menuhin's two
discs are among them.

Don Satz