From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:54:22 PDT
Andrew Carlan wrote in response to me:

>>Bashing classical recordings and artists is not within my mind-set,
>>but bashing the common folk is quite exhilarating.
>
>Ah!  but Nietzsche warned against choosing easy targets.  We are
>strengthened only by opponents who are at least our equal.

As Wes has been finding out, it's amazing how thoroughly one's words can be
misunderstood.  Of course, sometimes the writer could have employed better
words or writing which might have insured that the problem never came to
light.  That's the case here.

By "common folk", I was referring to list members, and I am one of the
common folk.  Andrew's views about only strong opponents making us stronger
is right on target.  Let's dump common and go with "regular".

Andrew also indicated that I was abusing/ridiculing "small-town" types.
Earth to Andrew - what are you talking about?

Don Satz