From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:27:38 -0400
Bob Draper wrote:

>I agree with you there are some very fine performances in the series but
>it is highly variable.  I think the John Ogden version of the Listz piano
>concertos is sensational.  The Dvojak 9th is nice too.  But beware there
>are some bad ones. ...

Bob, have you heard the Delius Appalachia/Song Of The High Hills
(Rozhdestvensky/ Groves) one? I've had my eye on it as I've started getting
into Delius and don't have either piece, and I'd rather have the Mackerras
with the same coupling but that doesn't seem to be available anywhere UK,
US or Can.  So I might just go with this one but I was wondering if it is
one of the stinkers sound-wise.

Jon Lewis