Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:22:40 -0500
John wrote:

>Can anyone provide me, please, with any more interesting ideas of masonic
>musical connections *other* than the usual (Flute, Funeral Music ...)
>which might be of interest to them? And have there been any very famous
>musicians who were "openly" masonic?
>
>Also can anyone confirm, please (what I heard the other day), namely that
>the opening chords of the Flute overture represent the Third Masonic
>initiation rite?

The masonic music written by Mozart as an specefically "masonic music" is
only the funeral music, and the three hymns for the three respective three
symbolic grades.  The most usual music played in the "open ceremonys" as
that you described,is the hymm of the beginners (1st grade) and i think
you can find it at the masonic temple (lodge).  About the magic flute,
that is an Egypcian initation ritual.  It not belong exactly to the
masonry,despite it is completely compatible with it.For that reason it's
not a rule about it.  In every different lodge,masons use it as they
like(of course with a good criteria).  Best wishes.

Gerardo:.