From:
Alan Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:08:32 -0400
Bill(Y). wrote:

>& Do NOT symphony orchestra's players world-wide "sing a Song" to the tune
>of one of Tchaikovsky's Symphonies?? Something about going to Paris??.

I don't know about Paris, but I've heard from one fellow horn player a
verse that matches the 3rd Mvt.  from the 5th Symphony, although I don't
think it's repeatable on this list ;-) I've also heard a tune we use for
the large horn theme from Don Juan, but, unfortunately, it too is probably
not repeatable ;-) I seem to notice a trend here...

This is an interesting subject to me.  Anyone have any good lyrics for
popular classical pieces? Perhaps you could all be so kind as to post
them to provide a bit of good humor to get us through to week.  ;-)

Along the same lines, a British comedy duo from the 1950's (i think...)
wrote lyrics for the entire 3rd Mvt.  Rondo of Mozart's 4th Horn Concerto
which are quite hilarious if I do say so myself.  A performance can be
found on Erik Ruske's recording of the Mozart concertos with the Scottish
Chamber Orchestra on Telarc.

Alan Lynn