From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:01:30 -0700
Don Satz, a few days ago, gives cause for an anecdote:

>e.  I'd like to mention a "bad" label that's not at budget price.  It's
>none other than Bongiovanni.  Anyone like this label?

Well, I do; but that requires a disclaimer and a story.

Disclaimer: I've never actually heard a Bongiovanni CD.

Story:  I always assumed (silly me) that the name was some parody,
something like a non-lecherous [Bon=good?] Don Giovanni, or something
clever like that.  When we got a letter from Mr.  Bongiovanni (asking
about one of his releases) I was taken aback and delighted.  Oops.

I guess that's a bad reason; good story though, IMO.

Bob K.