From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 08:25:20 -0500
Janos Gereben:

>I think the real question underneath these random and perhaps
>incoherent thoughts is this: could it be that early in the next
>century, we'll just run out of new possibilities in music?

You know, the same question was asked at the end of the last century.  To
many, everything had been done and there was nothing else to do - this,
before one of the most extensive creative renewals in all the arts.  My
money's on the next genius who comes along and that the next genius *will*
come along.

Steve Schwartz