From:
Bruce E McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:33:01 PST
Dan Schmidt answered me:

>The two situations we are talking about (I think) are:
>
>essay A in English, B in French, C in German, D in Italian
>
>vs.
>
>essay A in English, A in French, A in German, A in Italian
>
>Essay C might be really great, but you're not going to be able to read
>it in either case.  In both cases, you're going to read only essay A.
>I guess you could hope for
>
>essay A in English, B in English, C in English, D in English
>
>but that seems kind of unfair to everyone else.

Agreed.  The ideal situation would be to have all 4 essays printed in all
4 languages, but there would probably be space considerations preventing
this.  (The REALLY ideal situation would be 4 separate booklets, each
having the 4 essays translated into the language of the country and
distributed in that country - but I realize that I am harkening back
to those idyllc days when recording companies cared enough about their
product and market to provide this kind of service.  Ah, well...)

Bruce