From:
Bernard Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 02:51:31 -0400
David Stewart asked:

>How on EARTH can they manage it though? Their scheme at the moment is
>select 5 CDs from their search engine for 13.99!  So if you select the
>Mahler Symphonies, the Beethoven SQs, the Bach Cantatas, etc.  you could
>manage to get away with hundreds of pounds!

They make big profits out of existing customers like me <g>.

They usually offer (eg) the complete Ring at 20 as an intro offer, or the
Mahler set for 10 and so if you try to select 5x the big sets they may
object, but if I were you I would try it until they plug the loophole....

You'll not regret joining as long as you realise you are dealing with a
big company and personal service is not what they do well.  Like 2 months
to answer letters, but OTOH I've always got problems like broken boxes,
wrong CDs sent sorted out without quibble, but slowly....

Bernard Hill
Music Publisher - Music software written by musicians for musicians