From:
Danielle Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:33:18 -0400
James Zehm wrote:

>Santu De Silva <[log in to unmask]> trigulates:
>
>>Let's talk about Orpheus in the underworld.  What an incredibly
>>preposterous premise!  But it's perfectly fine.  ...
>
>I wonder why nobody ever wrote an opera on "Alice in the Underworld".

I don't know, but someone should pass the suggestion on to David Del
Tredici.  (Though he has apparently moved on from "alice" to the Undead
-- I recently saw/heard soprano Wendy Hill and the Eos Chamber Orchestra
perform a new "Dracula" piece of his, a sort of extended semi-staged scena
which was quite effective....)

Danielle Woerner