Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:36:19 -0400
From:
"Peter J. Schledorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Robert Lyman wrote:

>...  My favorite example of "BAD CLASSICAL RADIO" occurred a few years
>ago on a small college station.  The last notes of a piece faded and the
>announcer came on: "That was the Brandenburg Concerto #2 by Johann
>Sebastien Bach.  Next, we will hear the Sonota #1 for Flute by Carl
>Phillipe Emanuel Batch".  I don't actually remember what piece by
>C.P.E.Bach was played, but you get the idea.

One Saturday afternoon, the day when the least skilled of the volunteer
personnel of our local classical station are scheduled, they began to play
the 1812 Overture (what else?).  A few minutes in, somebody apparently
realized that they had a news broadcast scheduled before the piece was
going to end.  The music faded down and about twenty seconds of dead air
ensued.  Then it faded up closer to the end.  Apparently someone had
decided that the solution was to fast forward to the point where the music
would end on time.

But at least we got our cannon and bells!

Best,
Peter