Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:08:05 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Charles Dalmas wrote concerning the movie "Annie Hall":

>I also felt that it STOLE the oscar from Star Wars.

Don't fret.  Star Wars would have won as best childrens' film.

>I cannot believe that you consider the music of Star Wars to be pitiful.
>That is totally without merit.

That's my personal opinion.  I do want to add that "pitiful" does not apply
to the technical aspects of composition, but the inspiration as I see it.
The music reminded me of the music to those old Errol(sp?) Flynn
swashbuckling films.  But, that was over 50 years ago.

>At Berkely in Boston where people who score films go to school, John
>Williams is required reading.

Since I don't attend that institution or any other, I don't have to pay any
attention to what its management requires or wants.  What is it with these
meaningless references?

I suppose I should be on guard against an attack by the "intergalactic
film music" police.  That's fine; sounds like a weak opponent.

Don Satz