Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 18:33:34 +0000
From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
David Stewart wrote:

>What's the Gardiner like? My music teacher says he doesn't like it ...
>says he thinks Gardiner is running for a bus when he plays Bach.  Odd then
>that he recommended the Hyperion Bach Mass in B minor to me.  Also I have
>the Christmas oratorio by Gardiner and I never found myself wanting it
>slower.  He recommended Harnoncourt instead.

Gardiner is excellent; if you like Gardiner in the christmas oratorio,
I don't see any reason why you wouldn't like his st matthew.

I would avoid an all male version, but that's me (I never heard a a boy
soprano who is up to the task in Bach's difficult music; but then again I
have a problem with even mature female sopranos not being quite up to the
task in what they sing...)

Ulvi Yurtsever
E-mail: [log in to unmask]