Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:21:32 -0400
From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
I'm surprised no one yet mentioned the obvious (and hopefully inevitable)
next step: incorporate CD booklets digitally on the CD itself (in PDF or
whatever other format which is close to standard).  That way, you can run
your favorite text-translation program on the untranslated liner notes if
you wish, and have pictures and other multimedia enhancements on your
screen as well.  Of course, loading the thing up on your computer is too
much work; so the remote control unit should have a (color) LCD display and
a two-way infrared link to your CD player, so you can download the booklet
from the player into your remote control and read it as you listen...

By the way, nothing is more low-tech than the current CD storage
"technology" (for lack of a better word).  Computer-controlled CD
juke-boxes with several thousand CD capacities should be cheaply available
immediately, so we can finally get rid of the stupid $%^&^ing CD cases as
well as the booklets, and solve our music storage problem forever (the
Ludites who cannot read without touching paper can use their color printers
instead).

Ulvi