From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:00:16 -0400
        Has any research been performed using milky spore to treat the ground
for the hive beetle larva? Here in eastern Virginia we use this as a
natural control for the Japanese beetle (or June Bug). 1 treatment to
the ground at a cost of about $30/ acre and the spore spreads as it
feeds on larva. Lasts about 10 years. It's a natural product and only
works on ground dwelling larva. No effect on any animals at all.
Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA