From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:47:37 -0400
eabell wrote:
> I fail to see how bee escapes minimize lifting.  You must first
> remove the supers to get the bee escape in place.  Seems to me you
> will do more lifting, not less.

If you have more than two supers on a hive, agree. But with two,
tilt them up, slide in the excape, position it by nudging the
supers over it and then the excape over the hive body.
Pushing is easier than lifting.
Or, use beegone or something similar to clear the supers. I do
not like it and use escapes instead. Nor would I use a bee brush.
Too many bees in the air.
Bill T
Bath, ME