From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:15:37 EST
This message was originally submitted by
[log in to unmask] to the  BEE-L  list at
CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to improve formatting only,
no content was changed.

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:45:21 -0300
To: Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
From: Hugo Aguirre <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Honey price (from Dr.Hugo Aguirre)

Dear beekeepers, honey producers, honey-packers, honey-etc:

Mr. Martin Braunstein really "kicked the hive" with his mail explainig
to this list what is happening to all the Argentina's beekeepers, I
would say "to many honey producers all over the  world".  Search BEE-L
about "honey price" and you will agree with me.-

Does not surprise me when those who reply him got so many different
point of view about the same thing:  who is the guilty?, what to do?,
what will happen?, who gets the bigest piece of the cake?.  I know that
is because  all depends if you produce or purchase honey.

Mr.James Fischer  wrote: "The price paid for foreign honey must get
higher at each step in the chain from:  a) Foreign producer b) Foreign
broker  c) Foreign exporter/brokerd) US importer/broker  e) US
wholesaler f) US retailer  g) and (at long last) the US consumer"

In that, every ones agree with him;  that is the reason why all the
beekeepers from Argentina, organiced in different groups, are offering
honey at decent price (production cost plus logical profit), directly
to foreign packers, dealers, industrials, etc. all over the world.  Also
this groups are working on local market strategies so that increase the
consume.

Folks, every one knows: "for to find a wealthy first you have to find
a poor" but also we know that there is sun and honey for every one in
the all world.  So, why don't be smart and clever?  Using the same
spoon we can eatat the same table!!!!!

Dr. Hugo Aguirre
Beekeeper  G.P.  Apitherapist
COLMENARES  IBOPE  =====> [log in to unmask]