HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Sumner Allen IV <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:37:25 -0500
Now that Mr. Beverly touched on this subject, does anyone know the history
of Chinese checkers?  My grandparents were still playing it in the fifties
when I was a child and I often wondered if it was introduced to European
society with porcelain, silk, etc. or if it was introduced later?  That
single game sure can account for alot of marbles.

Dan Sumner Allen IV
Staff Histarch
DuVall & Associates, Inc.
Grad Canned