HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 17:55:02 +0100
In message , david galletti <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Does anybody know if any work has been done on colonial archaeology in India
>, Sri-Lanka or indeed any other British colonies in South and South-East
>Asia. Despite the general interest in colonialism and empire in Historical
>Archaeology, this topic does not seem to have been adressed at all

I haven't looked at any of these myself: they may be purely concerned
with the Dutch colonies (my interest), or be historical or architectural
rather than archaeological in approach:
Bellasis, A.F. Old Tombs in the Cemeteries of Surat
Rea, Alex Archaeological Survey of Southern India: Monumental Remains
Heuken, Adolf Historical Sites of Jakarta, Cipta, Loka Caraka
Wall, VI Van der Oude Hollandische Buitenplaatsen van Batavia

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
--
Pat Reynolds