From:
Jonathan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 01:05:34 +0100
Rodrigo Ventura wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a good Stravinsky's Rite of Spring recording?

Until a few months ago I would have suggested the amazing recording by
the Boston Philharmonic under Benjamin Zander; but then Deryk Barker took
me to task for saying that Stravinsky couldn't conduct his own works, and
suggested I listen to that recording.  I bow to the knowledge of Deryk and
would now say that this, to my mind, is probably the finest Rite around.

Jonathan