From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:30:28 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>When I managed the Classical Room of a CD store in Davis, CA, I found
>thAt Early Music, Baroque Music, and Classical went out the door the most.

Of course I believe this is possible but then a true population sample
cannot be taken from a single location.  I just think to myself........the
Handel and Marais and Couperin and Muffat sections at the record store are
much much smaller than those of Chopin or Wagner or Brahms or Beethoven or
Mozart or Mahler or any of these later greats.  I would surely think this
is due to sales but then maybe the record store doesn't pay attention to
sales.....I doubt it.  I am curious about where your old store is.  I am
wondering why early music was so popular there.  Perhaps I should move
there myself.

--Wes