From:
Juozas Rimas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:11:10 +0300
I've just listened to Rachmaninov's "Musical Moment" and other piano pieces
by Horowitz.  I must say this music sounds not only very Russian (what's
understandable) but has some Caucasian spice in it.  Or am I mistaken?
Also, a possible influence of Chopin can be noted, and all these features
make the music very eclectic.  Horowitz plays Rachmaninov superbly (as far
as I know they were close friends) and not only because of his technique.

I'd like to ask how Rachmaninov is appreciated in the west and what you
think about his place among other 20th century composers.  Thanks for your
opinions.

Juozas Rimas