From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:53:06 -0400
Kyle Major wrote:

>The classical music played in St. Louis Bread Co.  restaurants almost
>keeps me from going there.  And not because I don't like classical music.
>It's because I would like to choose what music I use as background, because
>I don't want to hear Mozart's 4th horn concerto every time I get a roast
>beef sandwich, and because I feel like everyone in the restaurant must feel
>so special and "distinguised" for eating at such a fine Mozart-filled
>establishment.  That about makes me sick to my stomach.

For every task, there is appropriate music.  Classical at the newest strip
mall (which our community prefers to call a "Village Center"), either to
attract the elite or to scare away the trash...

and rock and roll outside the Vatican Embassy to pry out Noriega (who, I'm
told, preferred classical music and Italian opera) from his sanctuary.

Walter Meyer