From:
Kyle Major <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:14:48 -0500
Wes Crone writes:

>I write music for me.......not to be performed

Wow, for once we agree on something.

Wes finishes by saying:

>I think I will become well known because I write good music.........
>nothing experimental or 65 tone microtonal or electrical but rather just
>the honest, unpretentios music I hear in my head.

I would like to think that Wes did not intend this to be a direct insult
on me, but I find it to be very insulting!  I am not nearly as sure as Wes
that I will become "well known," but I scarcely think experimental music
can be considered "not good," as he makes it sound.  I am hoping to write
in other tuning systems because I have a passion for sound, something that
I think Wes shares.  And the music I write will be honest and
unpretentious.

I don't want this to be a so-called political accessibility war.  I have
nothing against whatever music Wes wants to write, and I am happy that he
is writing for himself.  But please, and this goes for anyone and everyone,
refrain from a holier-than-thou position.

Kyle Major