From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:27:04 PDT
Norman Schwartz wrote:

>For my money, although not budget and of course limited by those
>recordings I've heard, there is no better Vivaldi than that of Il
>Giardino Armonico on Teldec.

I haven't heard any of their recordings.  But, reviews have been quite
varied.  Some find Il Giardino Armonico a superb group which creatively
presents baroque works and re-interprets them to the advantage of the
music.  Others feel that the group "pulls" the works all out of proportion
and not in a highly musical manner.

Since it's unlikely that I'll be reaching for any Vivaldi discs in the near
future, have any list members an opinion of Il Giardino Armonico's version
of the Brandenberg Concertos?

Don Satz