From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 21:49:37 PDT
I wasn't going to post more on this thread, but Bob Draper's current Mozart
posting situation has led me to write further.  Bob posts negatively about
Mozart (yes, that's how it's perceived), responses are written, Bob feels
compelled to answer those postings, Bob feels some folks have not really
understood what he wrote, etc., etc,.  It's all "negative" energy,
misunderstandings, and nothing changes when it's all over.

I received a few responses to my intial posting on this thread, and I
did appreciate them.  The reason for my pledge to stay away from making
negative comments about composers and artists is because of negative energy
and my tendency to get wrapped up in it.  I was writing unkind things about
John Williams, and he's never on my radar screen.  Liszt, Tchaikovsky, and
Vivaldi don't interfere with my life, and they are major positives in the
lives of many others, but I'm writing negative things about them also.
Enough of this.

A list member indicated that my changed position was "radical".  Whether
it is or not, it's a position which is good for my emotional health and
growth.  I'm sure my wife would say that if she could change one aspect of
me, it would be the negative energy I feel and display.  I'm working on it,
and I'll at least succeed on the list.

Don Satz