From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:54:09 -0400
Jocelyn Wang wrote"

>The name of the film, of course, is "A Fistful of Mahlers."

Jocelyn might have also mentioned "Hang 'Em Haydn" and "The Dead Poulenc."

Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>After "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" (Johnny Mercer and all).
>I wouldn't mind seeing him (Eastwood) take a crack at it.

The worst thing to have happened to John Berendt's novel was to fall
into the hands of Clint Eastwood.  As it was, music had nothing to do
with it, as Mercer was primarily a lyricist; the music to the songs was
written by others (none from Savannah).  Still, Eastwood missed a great
gag opportunity by not including (for Lady Chablis) Mercer's song "Legalize
My Name."

John Dalmas