From:
Jim Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:24:26 -0500
Cosima was married to Hans von Bulow, Wagner's day to day conductor at
Beyreuth.  She bore a child with bright red hair.  She and von Bulow were
dark haired, W.  was red headed.  Guess what? Eventually, she divorced V.B.
and married W.  I think they had two or three children, all red headed
before the divorce.  V.B.  so idolized W.  that he never said anything
about the kids.  She was Liszt's daughter, don't remember if illegitimate
or not.  I am under the impression that if it wore a skirt, W wanted a
sample of what was under there.  This is all to the best of my
recollection, not documented so if I'm a little off, and some of you
are sticklers for detail, my apology.

Jim