Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:24:35 PDT
The closest I've come to speakers in music is the recitative in oratorios
and operas; they are usually tracked separately, so I have the choice of
listening or not.

I just have not desired any of the music involving speakers, but I think
I would not appreciate it unless the "words" positively impacted my
appreciation of the music.

My general perception would be that there's a good reason for the speaker,
that the composer considered this essential for the composition.  But, it
is too bad that Richard can't yell at the speaker to shut up and get the
desired "silent" response.

Don Satz