From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 06:27:31 PDT
Mimi Ezust enthused:

>I had no idea I'd find this on cd, but on a hunch we looked.  It was one
>of our favorite nutty Bach recordings.  It inspired me to make my own
>arrangements for whatever combination of instruments I could find over the
>last 33 years!
>
>What is it? -- I hear you breathlessly inquire (I hope).
>
>It's E. Power Biggs playing the Six Bach Trio Sonatas BWV 525-530 written
>originally for organ.  He plays it on the Pedal Harpsichord.

Why "Nutty?" On your recommendation, I bought CD and I like the trios
very much.  I have two other versions:  played on organ by Ton Koopman on
Teldec and arranged by Robert King for the King's consort on Hyperion.  The
Koopman and King versions are very nice.  However, I feel I can follow the
sonatas much better on the Bigg's disc.  I feel there is a clarity that the
others do not have, for me.  And, being on Sony Essential Classics, the
price is certainly right.  Thanks for the recommendation.

That said, I want, also, to tell you how much I enjoy your posts.  I
appreciate a good sense of humor, especially with regards to a subject
that some people can take a little too seriously.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Ron Chaplin