From:
Danielle Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 17:30:28 -0400
Robert Stieger wrote:

>I challenge any of you to spend a week listening to mothing but the entire
>catalog of Phillip Glass recordings...**cackles with sadistic glee**..
>
>or, if you cant handle that, listen to either "Music in 12 parts" or
>"Eistien on the beach", in it's entirety, in a single sitting...**evil
>grin**

And, as an extra fillip, throw in a prepared tape loop of Peter Schickele's
hilarious Glass parody, "Einstein on the Fritz," perhaps along with the
title track from the same CD, PDQ Bach's "Overture to 1712," with its
ending-without-end.

Or how about some Florence Foster Jenkins? Does anyone have her on a
recording? I believe some exist.  For those unfamiliar with her name,
what I recall on hearsay is that she was a wealthy Texas oil-wife who took
her singing quite seriously and rented Carnegie Hall for periodic recital
appearances.  She was so genuinely terrible that she became a cult figure;
concertgoers would come and dissolve in laughter behind their hankies, and
reviewers would write double-entendre critiques (e.g., Mrs.  Foster-Jenkins
has a way with Schubert that is beyond imagination) whose real import was
clear to anyone who knew the Phenomenon.

But all this is hearsay.  Has anyone on the list actually heard her?

Danielle Woerner
 www.hvmusic.com/artists/danielle