From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 21:06:40 -0400
 Bill(Y). wrote:

>Shall I start a written riot and ask what about Beethoven's Pianos = a
>Broadwood or a Pleyel or a "What" ---certainly Not a Yamaha, a B....f???

My sense is that Beethoven was always 'stretching' the bounds of
'technology'.  I seem to recall reading once that his late quartets were
technically beyond the ability of players until about 50 years after his
death.  (Wasn't it Joachim who introduced them?) Isn't it possible that the
pianos of his time were also inadequate to fulfill the music he wrote for
them, creating a need for instruments capable of this expression?

Is this a riot?

"Tom Connor" <[log in to unmask]>