From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 21:16:35 PDT
Roy Ellefsen wrote:

>I mentioned a few weeks ago that Mozart's Cosi is so ridiculous
>that I actually can't stand to watch it,.....

The two basic messages I get from the opera are that people will do just
about anything for money and pride, and that there must be a secret behind
the effectiveness of Albanian disguises.

Seriously, although the opera does expose some human traits and frailties,
the libretto is something to avoid.  I just key on these human qualities
and listen to the music.

Don Satz