From:
Jeffrey James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 08:56:33 -0400
Concert Announcement and Ticket Offer for all New York area Classical
Music List subscribers -

Pianist/Composer Haskell Small will be presenting the New York Premiere
of his extraordinary new Symphony for Piano on Monday, May 10 - 8 PM at
Columbia University's Miller Theater - 2960 Broadway at 116th St.

We would like to announce the availability of a number of complimentary
tickets for New York area Classical Music List subscribers so that you can
hear this extraordinary new work.

At its recent World Premiere in Washington DC, Tim Page of The Washington
Post described the Symphony as "a serious and substantial composition that
deserves a permanent place in the keyboard repertory...a terrific challenge
for a virtuoso pianist..." He described Mr. Small's playing as "never less
than thoughtful and musical" and the entire concert (which also featured
works by Mompou, Soulima and Igor Starvinsky and George Gershwin - the
same as the Miller Theater lineup) as "a success.  One walked out into
the Dupont Circle twilight renewed."

If you'd like to attend this concert as our guest, please contact Jeffrey
James Arts Consulting at [log in to unmask] and let us know how
many tickets you'll need.  You can also come to the box office and identify
yourself as a Classical Music List subscriber.

You can find much more information about Haskell Small at

   http://www.jamesarts.com/h-small/

Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you at Miller Theater.

Jeffrey James