From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 12:05:26 PDT
Todd McComb wrote:

>Any record store manager who can't see why regular customers, the ones who
>spend the most money, are interested primarily in new releases is really
>quite crazy.

I don't think any employees at the local Borders had any idea of my being
a regular customer or spending much money there: The cash registers are
not located in the cd area, I'm a very quiet guy, and the employees are
ignorant of music and people.  That's life at a chain store.

Chris Bonds wrote:

>I am confused about one thing in the original post, however---if the
>poster does "all his buying on the net anymore" how could he have spent
>"thousands" over the past year in Borders? Perhaps what he meant was,
>having been thus banned, he is NOW doing all his buying on the net.

That's not it.  I stopped buying at stores about 2 months ago.  That still
left 10 months of store buying.  Take an average of $140/week, multiply
just by 40 weeks, and we have $5,600 for the 10 month period.  This is
based on an average of buying 1 disc per day at $20 per disc(includes
consideration of sets).

I could likely have spent $50,000 for the year, and the store would still
be ignorant of my existence.

Don Satz