From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:03:17 -0800
Michel Bertignac wonders about Hindemith:

>Hindemith seems to have produced a lot of chamber music for small >wind
>instrument orchestra and a series of duos for brass instruments and >piano.
>Here again, if you had some suggestions I would be pleased, even >from other
>composers from the same period and/or similar style.

Hindemith was trying to write a sonata for each wind (including brass)
instrument and piano. I think he did not quite finish but got close.
I have some great Hindemith chamber music (Kammermusik) on Triton by the
Moscow Contemporary Music Ensemble.  Don't have the CDs handy for the #s.

Bob K.