From:
Jay Aldridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:12:18 EST
I recently saw a live performance of Mozart's "The Marriage Of Figaro" and
was wondering why three arias were left out in the beginning of the fourth
act.  Barbarina's, Marcellina's, and Basilio's arias are those in question.
I have a recording of this awesome opera and immediately noticed that these
three arias were missing.  I thought maybe it was to save time since it is
a rather lengthy opera but that would have saved only about 15 minutes.  Is
this something that is done regularly or only by this particular company?

Jay