Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 08:18:06 -0400
From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Rich Putter wrote:

>I heard a piece over the radio this morning by Uuno Klami -- a composer I
>had never heard of before.  He's Finnish and I was able to find out from
>the radio station that the piece was called "Sea Pictures" ... Does anyone
>know anything more about this composer and any other CDs available out
>there?

Naxos has a disc of 3 or 4 Klami compositions that got great reviews.  I
think Sea Pictures is on there.  Should run you about $6 US.  It's been on
my shortlist of Naxos wants for a while but other things keep edging it
aside (now there's Sakari's Sibelius Lemminkainen Legends, and Bax Sym 2,
and the first two vol's of Scarlatti sonatas...  hold on Uuno).  Klami
supposedly shows the Sibelian streak but he spent a lot of time in Paris
and that's supposed to show even more.  Wrote several Kalevala-inspired
pieces-- French-flavored Kalevala? Sounds interesting at least...

Jon Lewis, American Cartoonist