Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:06:13 +0800
From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Don Satz wrote in regards to Bach's Two & Three Part Inventions:

>Try the Schiff version on Decca; it's his best Bach in my opinion.  Serkin
>on RCA might even be better; I've been "pigging out" on his recording in
>recent weeks.

Gould's version is my introduction to this work and, today, it's one of
my favourite Bach's keyboard works (other favourites are WTC, Goldberg,
Partitas).  Until recently, that is the only copy I owned as I felt that
no one can play the Inventions better than Gould.  I bought a Naxos disc
by Janos Sebestyen two weeks ago and has been playing the disc ever seen.
The sound recording is bold and clear (might sound boomy in some CD
players) and the performance is fine.  The bonus in the discs are
selection of pieces from Anna Magdalena's Notebook.

Cheers
Kar Ming