Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:38:06 +0000
From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Tom Godell writes:

>TIME Magazine is conducting an on-line vote for "Person of the Century."
>Only three "musicians" are among the top 20 vote getters: Elvis Presley,
>Madonna, and John Lennon.  Naturally, I'd like to see a classical musician
>on this list, so I voted for Leonard Bernstein.

In the Uk we've got a very silly music of the millenium vote run by Channel
4 and HMV.  Apart from the fact that the actual millenium end is 16 month's
away, such polls are pointless.  They merely reflect the (voting) public's
perception of who is great.

The MOTM poll has categories:  classical composer, best piece, best singer,
best band, best jazz etc..

We all know who's going to win, because of intimidation and hype (he-he).
I tried to resist taking part but eventually seccumed, cause I thought my
man should get at least one vote.

Bob Draper