Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:14:07 +1000
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
The rail authority in Sydney has decided to play classical music at some
stations in an attempt "to curb anti-social behaviour".  The idea has
been successfully trialled at some shopping centres.  The main problem
is loitering so although we might like to think that those who put the
stations to the wrong uses might be calmed by Mozart's Clarinet Concert,
I think the idea is that the music will drive them away.

I'm not sure whether to feel alarmed, amused, flattered or dismayed, but
I thought I should share this news.

Richard Pennycuick